Breast cancer info evening in Saffron Walden
A BREAST cancer specialist is hosting an information evening in Saffron Walden and offering women the chance of a free consultation. Leading consultant breast surgeon, Prof Gordon Wishart, will speak at The Saffron Hotel on Saffron Walden High Street at 7
A BREAST cancer specialist is hosting an information evening in Saffron Walden and offering women the chance of a free consultation.
Leading consultant breast surgeon, Prof Gordon Wishart, will speak at The Saffron Hotel on Saffron Walden High Street at 7pm on Monday April 20
Organised by Cambridge-based private clinic BreastHealth UK, the evening will provide an introduction to the latest techniques in breast cancer screening and risk management
Prof Wishart said: "Routine NHS screening involves mammography from age 50, but many younger women - especially those whose friends or family have been affected by breast cancer - feel that they would like to be better informed about their own breast health.
You may also want to watch:
"At BreastHealth UK we are able to help women understand their personal risk of breast cancer, and devise an appropriate screening programme if this is necessary."
Techniques used by BreastHealth UK include genetic screening, digital infrared breast scan and MRI, as well as mammography and ultrasound.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
"The information evening will also provide an opportunity for women to ask questions about breast cancer, and learn how they may be able to reduce their risks," said Prof Wishart.
Places at the information evening are limited, and the first ten women to register to attend will also be invited to have a free personal breast health risk assessment, worth �75, and a five-minute consultation with Prof Wishart.
To book your place call 01223 266929 or for more information visit www.breasthealthuk.com