Brian gets on his bike for ‘Help for Heroes’
A TRAIN driver is hitting a different sort of track in a mammoth 92-mile charity bike ride in aid of Help for Heroes.
Brian Skeet, who works for National Express East Anglia, along with five friends from his local caravan club, will be cycling along a picturesque route from Kings Lynn in Norfolk, through Ely, Fordham, Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow, before finishing their epic bike ride in High Ongar.
Mr Skeet, from Witham, said: “Help for Heroes is a charity which is close to our hearts. One can’t help but be moved by the events affecting the brave soldiers of our local barracks.
“That’s why this year Help for Heroes is our chosen charity.”
To support Brian’s sponsored bike ride visit justgiving.com/brian-skeet
You may also want to watch:
Help for Heroes is a charity formed to help those who have been wounded in Britain’s current conflicts, for more information log on to helpforheroes.org.uk
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100