Brilliant Bugsy Malone
HENHAM and Ugley Primary School children treated their parents to an interactive version of the hit musical Bugsy Malone. During a three-night run, the leading stars in Years 5 and 6 wowed the audiences with song and dance before covering them in silly st
HENHAM and Ugley Primary School children treated their parents to an interactive version of the hit musical Bugsy Malone.
During a three-night run, the leading stars in Years 5 and 6 wowed the audiences with song and dance before covering them in silly string and foam during a raucous finale.
Deputy headteacher and show organiser, Gill Doyle, said: "We invited the parents along for free as it is our end of year production. They all really enjoyed it and some said it was the best thing they had ever seen.
"All of the pupils get involved - from making props to performing. It took around four weeks to put together including lunchtime rehearsals, but it was hugely rewarding. On the last night the children got a standing ovation."
You may also want to watch:
The shows took place in the school hall during the penultimate week of term and official casting sessions took place beforehand to allow the children to try out for the various roles.
Mrs Doyle added: "At the end of each show the children showered the audience with foam, polystyrene and silly string - it was a really interactive performance.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire