Brilliant Bugsy Malone
HENHAM and Ugley Primary School children treated their parents to an interactive version of the hit musical Bugsy Malone. During a three-night run, the leading stars in Years 5 and 6 wowed the audiences with song and dance before covering them in silly st
HENHAM and Ugley Primary School children treated their parents to an interactive version of the hit musical Bugsy Malone.
During a three-night run, the leading stars in Years 5 and 6 wowed the audiences with song and dance before covering them in silly string and foam during a raucous finale.
Deputy headteacher and show organiser, Gill Doyle, said: "We invited the parents along for free as it is our end of year production. They all really enjoyed it and some said it was the best thing they had ever seen.
"All of the pupils get involved - from making props to performing. It took around four weeks to put together including lunchtime rehearsals, but it was hugely rewarding. On the last night the children got a standing ovation."
You may also want to watch:
The shows took place in the school hall during the penultimate week of term and official casting sessions took place beforehand to allow the children to try out for the various roles.
Mrs Doyle added: "At the end of each show the children showered the audience with foam, polystyrene and silly string - it was a really interactive performance.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel