British Airways to launch flights from Stansted Airport in May
- Credit: Archant
British Airways has announced it is to start flying from Stansted Airport this summer.
The airline has said it will launch flights from May 28 to the holiday destinations of Faro, Malaga, Palma and Ibiza.
Stansted will become the fourth London airport the airline will operate from, alongside its current capital network of Heathrow, Gatwick and London City.
Fares start from £49 each way based on a return fare with hand baggage only, inclusive of all taxes, fees and charges.
Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager commercial and customer at BA CityFlyer, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to expand our London network and to give our customers even more choice of where to fly from this summer.
“Stansted is a growing airport and we will be offering a full scheduled service to some of the most popular European holiday destinations, complementing our existing services from other London airports.”
Stansted managing director Andrew Harrison said: “I am delighted to welcome British Airways to Stansted and very much look forward to the launch of its first ever scheduled flights from the airport in May this year.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 10 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
“Since we acquired Stansted, our focus has been on attracting a wider choice of airlines and these new services to Faro, Malaga, Palma and Ibiza are strong additions to our route network, which now covers over 170 destinations across Europe and North America.”