British Airways to launch flights from Stansted Airport in May
- Credit: Archant
British Airways has announced it is to start flying from Stansted Airport this summer.
The airline has said it will launch flights from May 28 to the holiday destinations of Faro, Malaga, Palma and Ibiza.
Stansted will become the fourth London airport the airline will operate from, alongside its current capital network of Heathrow, Gatwick and London City.
Fares start from £49 each way based on a return fare with hand baggage only, inclusive of all taxes, fees and charges.
Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager commercial and customer at BA CityFlyer, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to expand our London network and to give our customers even more choice of where to fly from this summer.
“Stansted is a growing airport and we will be offering a full scheduled service to some of the most popular European holiday destinations, complementing our existing services from other London airports.”
Stansted managing director Andrew Harrison said: “I am delighted to welcome British Airways to Stansted and very much look forward to the launch of its first ever scheduled flights from the airport in May this year.
- 1 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 2 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 May Day Fun Run returns after two years
“Since we acquired Stansted, our focus has been on attracting a wider choice of airlines and these new services to Faro, Malaga, Palma and Ibiza are strong additions to our route network, which now covers over 170 destinations across Europe and North America.”