Brother of Aston Villa and England footballer Luke Young dies at holiday resort
THE Saffron Walden teenager who died at a holiday resort in Crete is the brother of Premier League footballer Luke Young. The body of 17-year-old Andre Young was discovered on Wednesday morning in Malia.His parents have flown to the island to identify the
THE Saffron Walden teenager who died at a holiday resort in Crete is the brother of Premier League footballer Luke Young.
The body of 17-year-old Andre Young was discovered on Wednesday morning in Malia.His parents have flown to the island to identify their son, who suffered serious injuries.
Aston Villa and England defender Luke Young said: "My family and I are devastated by the tragic death of my younger brother Andre in Malia, Crete, earlier this week.
"He was a tremendous and talented person and a diligent student and this is such a waste of a promising life."
You may also want to watch:
Holidaymaker Bethany Billings, 21, who saw Andre before he went missing, told the Daily Mirror: "He was proper drunk. He knew he'd had enough and wanted to go home."
It is unclear how Andre died but it is believed that police in Crete are not treating the death as suspicious.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
More than 200 people have joined a group set up in tribute to Andre on Facebook.