Brother of Aston Villa and England footballer Luke Young dies at holiday resort
THE Saffron Walden teenager who died at a holiday resort in Crete is the brother of Premier League footballer Luke Young. The body of 17-year-old Andre Young was discovered on Wednesday morning in Malia.His parents have flown to the island to identify the
THE Saffron Walden teenager who died at a holiday resort in Crete is the brother of Premier League footballer Luke Young.
The body of 17-year-old Andre Young was discovered on Wednesday morning in Malia.His parents have flown to the island to identify their son, who suffered serious injuries.
Aston Villa and England defender Luke Young said: "My family and I are devastated by the tragic death of my younger brother Andre in Malia, Crete, earlier this week.
"He was a tremendous and talented person and a diligent student and this is such a waste of a promising life."
You may also want to watch:
Holidaymaker Bethany Billings, 21, who saw Andre before he went missing, told the Daily Mirror: "He was proper drunk. He knew he'd had enough and wanted to go home."
It is unclear how Andre died but it is believed that police in Crete are not treating the death as suspicious.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
More than 200 people have joined a group set up in tribute to Andre on Facebook.