Buffy Playbus presents a lucky prize winning bus ticket
- Credit: Archant
An Uttlesford family were the lucky passengers on the Buffy Playbus after winning a giant golden ticket.
The Williams family were drawn out of the hat as the winners after completing a marketing research questionnaire distributed to primary schools, nurseries and playgroups across the district.
They and their friends will be enjoying a special party onboard the play bus, a prize worth £200.
Project manager Rosie Juhl said: “It was a very interesting and valuable exercise.
“Buffy Bus has been visiting our towns and villages for 19 years, bringing a safe fun play environment to the doorsteps of many families. We want to make sure we can continue to offer this fantastic service, especially to those families who live in isolated locations.
“We are constantly looking for new ideas and ways in which we can continue to entice young families aboard.”
It costs around £70,000 per year to keep Buffy Bus’s wheels ‘going round’. A small but much appreciated local charity which has to rely upon fundraising and donations. Charging just £2 per child or £3 per family to step aboard the play bus it offers a drop in play experience with no term or weekly payments.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 7 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
Buffy Bus is now also available to hire for private parties. To find out more, look the charity up on facebook or visit the website, buffybus.com.
If you would like to make a donation or are considering climbing a mountain, running a marathon or holding a cake bake and are looking for a really worthwhile local charily to support, contact Rosie Juhl (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01799 522130).