Buffy Playbus presents a lucky prize winning bus ticket
- Credit: Archant
An Uttlesford family were the lucky passengers on the Buffy Playbus after winning a giant golden ticket.
The Williams family were drawn out of the hat as the winners after completing a marketing research questionnaire distributed to primary schools, nurseries and playgroups across the district.
They and their friends will be enjoying a special party onboard the play bus, a prize worth £200.
Project manager Rosie Juhl said: “It was a very interesting and valuable exercise.
“Buffy Bus has been visiting our towns and villages for 19 years, bringing a safe fun play environment to the doorsteps of many families. We want to make sure we can continue to offer this fantastic service, especially to those families who live in isolated locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are constantly looking for new ideas and ways in which we can continue to entice young families aboard.”
It costs around £70,000 per year to keep Buffy Bus’s wheels ‘going round’. A small but much appreciated local charity which has to rely upon fundraising and donations. Charging just £2 per child or £3 per family to step aboard the play bus it offers a drop in play experience with no term or weekly payments.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
Buffy Bus is now also available to hire for private parties. To find out more, look the charity up on facebook or visit the website, buffybus.com.
If you would like to make a donation or are considering climbing a mountain, running a marathon or holding a cake bake and are looking for a really worthwhile local charily to support, contact Rosie Juhl (email@example.com, 01799 522130).