Buffy Playbus presents a lucky prize winning bus ticket
- Credit: Archant
An Uttlesford family were the lucky passengers on the Buffy Playbus after winning a giant golden ticket.
The Williams family were drawn out of the hat as the winners after completing a marketing research questionnaire distributed to primary schools, nurseries and playgroups across the district.
They and their friends will be enjoying a special party onboard the play bus, a prize worth £200.
Project manager Rosie Juhl said: “It was a very interesting and valuable exercise.
“Buffy Bus has been visiting our towns and villages for 19 years, bringing a safe fun play environment to the doorsteps of many families. We want to make sure we can continue to offer this fantastic service, especially to those families who live in isolated locations.
You may also want to watch:
“We are constantly looking for new ideas and ways in which we can continue to entice young families aboard.”
It costs around £70,000 per year to keep Buffy Bus’s wheels ‘going round’. A small but much appreciated local charity which has to rely upon fundraising and donations. Charging just £2 per child or £3 per family to step aboard the play bus it offers a drop in play experience with no term or weekly payments.
- 1 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 10 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
Buffy Bus is now also available to hire for private parties. To find out more, look the charity up on facebook or visit the website, buffybus.com.
If you would like to make a donation or are considering climbing a mountain, running a marathon or holding a cake bake and are looking for a really worthwhile local charily to support, contact Rosie Juhl (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01799 522130).