Building society raises £800 from staff fun day
SAFFRON Building Society raised nearly £800 for its Community Fund after holding a staff fun day at Thaxted Cricket Club’s grounds.
The event was held to thank staff and their families for their support of the society and the local community.
The company, the largest building society serving the East of England, holds regular fundraisers to contribute to the Community Fund, which is managed on its behalf by local grantmaking charitable trust, Essex Community Foundation (ECF).
The proceeds of the fund are used to support causes within the region which are close to members’ hearts.
The event was also an opportunity to support local groups, including the Thaxted Explorers, who helped with parking arrangements, Thaxted Cricket Club, who provided the venue and refreshments, and local community radio station Radio Forest,which provided music and commentary. Each received a donation from the society for their part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
The 200 staff and family attendees were entertained by various activities for both children and adults, most notably a human table football tournament on an inflatable pitch in which Saffron Building Society CEO, Jon Hall had a team.
The charity fundraising was achieved by staff running stalls including a tombola and a raffle.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
Mr Hall said: “The staff family fun day was a great success, with everyone thoroughly enjoying the day. Supporting the community is at the heart of what we do and we are proud to have combined an event for staff with raising funds for local charities.
“The event was a great example of what can be achieved when Saffron Building Society and the local community work together.”
The society is also looking for 2014 beneficiaries of its Community Fund. Organisations in the East of England that would like to know if they are eligible to apply for a grant can visit saffronbs.co.uk/communityfund for more information.
The application process closes in early September each year.