Business leaders come together to launch Uttlesford’s draft economic development strategy
A BUSINESS breakfast was hosted by Uttlesford District Council to launch its draft economic development strategy.
Sir Alan Haselhurst MP welcomed those present and special guest speaker Nick Barton, chief executive at Stansted Airport, spoke about the impact of the airport on business and the economy.
Following a discussion on the proposed key actions of the strategy Peter Pollock, group chief executive of LPA and Martin Sylvester, director of Churchmanor Estates, presented business perspectives on the feedback.
The strategy aims to help the performance of the Uttlesford economy by enabling people, communities and business to be what they want to be. Uttlesford District Council would now like to hear from local people and businesses and the consultation will close on Friday (September 28).
UDC’s economic development officer, Simon Jackson, said: “The draft strategy has been created to aid the dialogue with local people, businesses and partners on what the strengths, opportunities and issues are that the Uttlesford economy faces and how the District Council can help in its growth and development.”
You may also want to watch:
To see the Draft Economic Development Strategy go to uttlesford.gov.uk/eds or e-mail Mr Jackson, email@example.com.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout