Saffron Walden community cafe partners with Tesco to fight hunger
- Credit: Tesco Saffron Walden
A community café and training academy in Saffron Walden has partnered with Tesco to ensure people do not go hungry.
Cafe Cornell is in the Cornell Court building on Smallbridge Road, CB11 3HY.
Tesco Saffron Walden branch have donated £200 worth of food as part of their #BeatHunger challenge.
If anyone is hungry and does not have the money to pay for food, go to the Cafe Cornell counter and ask for the "Sandy special" to receive a free meal and a drink.
Participants can also be signposted to further support.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can also help by paying £5, and Enterprise East Group will subsidise the additional cost.
Make your donation with your order, or telephone 07535 609 248, or donate online via www.enterpriseeast.org
Susie Diggons, Tesco community champion, said: "We are delighted to be supporting Cafe Cornell, such a worthy cause."
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
Samantha McReynolds, managing director at Cafe Cornell, said: "We are thrilled to be working in partnership with Tesco Saffron Walden supporting our #beathunger challenge.
"We are truly grateful for the donations we receive, and we are working with likeminded organisations to ensure this donation will reach those most need in our community.”