Saffron Walden community cafe partners with Tesco to fight hunger
- Credit: Tesco Saffron Walden
A community café and training academy in Saffron Walden has partnered with Tesco to ensure people do not go hungry.
Cafe Cornell is in the Cornell Court building on Smallbridge Road, CB11 3HY.
Tesco Saffron Walden branch have donated £200 worth of food as part of their #BeatHunger challenge.
If anyone is hungry and does not have the money to pay for food, go to the Cafe Cornell counter and ask for the "Sandy special" to receive a free meal and a drink.
Participants can also be signposted to further support.
Residents can also help by paying £5, and Enterprise East Group will subsidise the additional cost.
Make your donation with your order, or telephone 07535 609 248, or donate online via www.enterpriseeast.org
Susie Diggons, Tesco community champion, said: "We are delighted to be supporting Cafe Cornell, such a worthy cause."
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 6 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 7 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 8 Band on the Run! Radwinter pupils make music with free brass lessons
- 9 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 10 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
Samantha McReynolds, managing director at Cafe Cornell, said: "We are thrilled to be working in partnership with Tesco Saffron Walden supporting our #beathunger challenge.
"We are truly grateful for the donations we receive, and we are working with likeminded organisations to ensure this donation will reach those most need in our community.”