Property auction: disused water tower listed for sale
- Credit: Clive Emson Auctioneers
A disused water tower will go under the auctioneer's gavel later this month, with a freehold guide price of £190,000-plus.
Widdington Water Tower is among 161 lots listed for sale on September 22 by Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers.
Offered jointly with Dalcour Maclaren, the tower sits on a site of 0.10 hectares (0.25 acres) off Connells Road and is surrounded by farmland.
Auctioneer Paul Bridgeman said: “The site has dedicated access and the water tower structure itself has potential to be a distinctive centrepiece for a rare development opportunity, subject to planning.
“The site could offer a unique opportunity for a conversion or small-scale development."
You may also want to watch:
The water tower structure is not listed.
See https://www.cliveemson.co.uk for details.
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings