Girl's handmade dog biscuit sales for St Clare Hospice
- Credit: supplied
An eight-year-old is raising money for St Clare Hospice - by selling hand made dog biscuits.
Beth Reed has a table in Wimbish with a creative and coloured sign, and the biscuits are on sale for 50p per bag.
Mum Lindsey said: "During lockdown Beth decided she wanted to bake dog biscuits.
"We did a trial run in the village and they went down so well it gave her the encouragement to make more."
Lindsey said Beth, who goes to Wimbish Primary, has been involved with dogs since she was a baby.
You may also want to watch:
The hospice has been chosen as a beneficiary of the fundraising scheme in recognition of the care given to a resident in the village, who used to show dogs. Her husband chose the charity.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley