New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- Credit: Land to the North of Stansted
A new business park could create 3,000 permanent jobs near Stansted Airport.
American real estate firm Columbia Threadneedle wants to build a new business park on land north of the airport.
The firm has promised a "sustainable" development which will create 2.1 million square foot of "prime" commercial space if the scheme goes ahead.
Colombia Threadneedle hopes to submit a planning application to Uttlesford District Council before the end of the year.
A spokesperson for the project said: "We are excited to bring forward the proposals for Land to the North of Stansted.
"The development represents a significant investment in the local economy with benefits to the local community.
"The proposals will support the creation of thousands of new jobs for Uttlesford and significant additional income for businesses and local authorities."
The company is running an online consultation before they write a planning application which closes on Sunday (October 31): https://northofstansted.co.uk/have-your-say/
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 9 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market