Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden's historic market is competing in this year's Great British Market Awards.
Shoppers across the country have already started voting for Britain's Favourite Market, a competition run by The National Association of British Markets (NABMA).
Voting closes on December 13.
Terry Frostick, operations and market manager at Saffron Walden Town Council, said: "I am very excited about this.
"It would be wonderful achievement to get recognition for all our stallholders and the Town Council team."
On November 15, NAMBA revealed that Saffron Walden is a top-20 contender for the award against competition in Cardiff, Chester, Macclesfield and Swansea.
In its submission to NABMA, Saffron Walden Town Council noted that the market is a boost to the economy and is seen as the "heart of the town".
- 1 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 2 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 7 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 10 May Day Fun Run returns after two years
Terry and his colleagues won NABMA's Market Team of the Year 2021 award in October.
Voting for Britain's Favourite Market is open online: https://nabma.com/vote-for-britains-favourite-market-2022/