Saffron Walden businesswoman wins award for 'inspiring' theatre projects
- Credit: Best Business Woman Awards
A Saffron Walden businesswoman has won an award for her "inspirational" theatre projects.
Sarah Ellis, of HyperFusion Theatre Company, collected a silver prize in the Most Inspiring category at the Best Business Women Awards gala last month.
Sarah won the award in 2020, but the ceremony was delayed following Covid-19 concerns.
Sarah said: "Things are so hard at the moment.
"This honour gives me hope and determination to get back and do what we do best – make great theatre and change the world."
Sarah has run HyperFusion for more than 15 years and has since founded two projects - TIC Box and The Shhh Experience which specialises in non-theatre performances.
TIC Box specialises in "conversation starters", exploring LGBTQ+ and domestic abuse themes, among others.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 6 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 9 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
- 10 Thaxted Christmas Fayre means church calendar is 'back in full swing'
Awards organiser Debbie Gilbert said: "The businesswomen selected were chosen for their business acumen, determination, creativity and tenacity.
"All our finalists are shining examples of success."