Saffron Walden businesswoman wins award for 'inspiring' theatre projects
- Credit: Best Business Woman Awards
A Saffron Walden businesswoman has won an award for her "inspirational" theatre projects.
Sarah Ellis, of HyperFusion Theatre Company, collected a silver prize in the Most Inspiring category at the Best Business Women Awards gala last month.
Sarah won the award in 2020, but the ceremony was delayed following Covid-19 concerns.
Sarah said: "Things are so hard at the moment.
"This honour gives me hope and determination to get back and do what we do best – make great theatre and change the world."
Sarah has run HyperFusion for more than 15 years and has since founded two projects - TIC Box and The Shhh Experience which specialises in non-theatre performances.
TIC Box specialises in "conversation starters", exploring LGBTQ+ and domestic abuse themes, among others.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 9 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 10 Post Office: change of location in Newport
Awards organiser Debbie Gilbert said: "The businesswomen selected were chosen for their business acumen, determination, creativity and tenacity.
"All our finalists are shining examples of success."