Walden's Christmas windows competition winners are announced
- Credit: Dominic Davey
Walden salon Frank Riccio Hairdressing on Market Row has again wowed the judges, and won Saffron Walden Initiative's Christmas Business and Shop Windows Competition for the third time.
This year's theme is Let It Snow.
Jacqui Portway, who organised the event with Cindy Whife, said they were delighted at the effort so many people have made this year to decorate their business and shop windows.
This year 35 businesses entered the contest.
Jacqui said: "Those that did not enter still dressed their windows in the spirit of Let It Snow.
"We think the town looks magnificent because of it."
Mayor Richard Porch presented the winners with their prizes.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- Highly commended: Croucher Needham