CAB is offering a warm welcome
ADVISORS from an Uttlesford charity will be out and about in the community running a special ‘beat the cold’ campaign.
Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau will be bringing “friendly and useful advice” to residents’ homes, and offer support and information with a special emphasis on how to cope during cold weather.
Help will be offered on the spot to anyone who wants to save money on their heating, or who is worried about how they are going to manage if the weather turns colder.
Uttlesford CAB manager Kate Robson said: “Perhaps people might want to discuss improving energy efficiency in their homes, or be interested in making small changes to daily habits to make energy savings.
“If someone was finding it difficult to pay their fuel bills, an advisor could find out if they were missing out on benefot entitlements, or if they qualified for extra help, some suppliers run trust funds for vulnerable customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Advisors will also be able to discuss problems with benefit, debt, housing, employment or legal and family issues if asked. All advice offered is free and confidential.
“Local police, Neighbourhood Watch and parish councils will have been informed when we visit different areas of the district. Please, however, take sensible precautions when someone approaches you – all CAB advisor carry identification. Citizens Advice is a free service and we will not be selling anything to you,” added Mrs Robson.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Call the general police number 101 or the CAB offices on 0844 477 5986 if you have any concerns.
The project has been funded by the Department of Health and supported by Essex County Council and the NHS.