Call for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices ‘toy representatives’
- Credit: Archant
Toys are the latest volunteers East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is hoping to recruit to spread the word about their charity at a well-known family attraction.
The Audley End Miniature Railway is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and has chosen EACH as its long-term charity partner. The attraction has thousands of visitors every year, enjoying a stream train ride and spotting the teddies that live in the woodland.
EACH is calling for donations of soft toys which are at least 75cm tall to take on the role of ‘EACH toy representatives’ at the popular tourist attraction. Toys will proudly wear an EACH t-shirt and join the charity’s own Charley Bear mascot in a specially created setting along the train route.
Jo Colbert, EACH Essex partnerships manager, said: “We’re delighted to be chosen as the partner for the miniature railway. Generations of children have fond memories of the train and spotting the teddies and I remember my visits there well.
“It’s a fantastic opportunity to have our very own representatives at the Railway, to help spread awareness of the vital care we provide for local children and young people with life-threatening conditions and support for their families.”
You may also want to watch:
To launch the charity partnership, the miniature railway is holding its opening weekend on March 29 & 30 for EACH, with a donation to the charity from train ticket sales.
If you have a large soft toy to donate to EACH, call the Essex Fundraising Team on 01206 848450 or email email@example.com
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party