Call for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices ‘toy representatives’
- Credit: Archant
Toys are the latest volunteers East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is hoping to recruit to spread the word about their charity at a well-known family attraction.
The Audley End Miniature Railway is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and has chosen EACH as its long-term charity partner. The attraction has thousands of visitors every year, enjoying a stream train ride and spotting the teddies that live in the woodland.
EACH is calling for donations of soft toys which are at least 75cm tall to take on the role of ‘EACH toy representatives’ at the popular tourist attraction. Toys will proudly wear an EACH t-shirt and join the charity’s own Charley Bear mascot in a specially created setting along the train route.
Jo Colbert, EACH Essex partnerships manager, said: “We’re delighted to be chosen as the partner for the miniature railway. Generations of children have fond memories of the train and spotting the teddies and I remember my visits there well.
“It’s a fantastic opportunity to have our very own representatives at the Railway, to help spread awareness of the vital care we provide for local children and young people with life-threatening conditions and support for their families.”
You may also want to watch:
To launch the charity partnership, the miniature railway is holding its opening weekend on March 29 & 30 for EACH, with a donation to the charity from train ticket sales.
If you have a large soft toy to donate to EACH, call the Essex Fundraising Team on 01206 848450 or email email@example.com
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season