Calling all Uttlesford Games Makers
WERE you one of the volunteers who made this year’s Olympic and Paralympic Games the best ever? If so, Uttlesford District Council would like to hear from you.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for Community Partnerships and Involvement, said: “We have just experienced a magnificent summer of sport. The Olympic and Paralympic Games were a great success and the whole country got behind our athletes and supported them every step of the way.
“However, the Games simply would not have been such a success without the contribution of the many hundreds of volunteers.
“This council would therefore like publicly to thank Uttlesford Volunteer Games Makers and to celebrate the significant contribution they made by inviting them all to our community achievement awards ceremony.”
The bi-annual Community Achievement Awards ceremony takes place on Thursday October 18 at 6pm in the Council Chamber at the council offices in Saffron Walden. The council would like to see as many Games Makers there as possible.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to attend or for further information, please contact Sue Hayden Community Development Officer on 01799 510563 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival