Calls to give more chances to youth theatre company students after stunning performance of Broadway musical
A NEW youth theatre company for teenagers has put on its first production, and now calls are being made to give them the chance to perform to a larger audiences.
Pure Rhythm performed the lively rock musical 13 fresh from it’s 2010 debut tour on Broadway and based on the book by Dan Elish.
Directed by Sarah Lane and choreographed by Sue Raven, principal of Pure Rhythm, the exciting show about growing up was illuminated with plenty of rocky songs, funky dances and a dialogue filled with plenty of wit.
The talented cast also had the privilege of performing with a live professional band to an audience of all ages.
Mrs Raven was thrilled with the end result, but added: “We have had a great time working on this production and it’s been a real pleasure working with such a talented group of teenagers – but we are all pretty frustrated.
You may also want to watch:
“These students did a fantastic job and would have loved the opportunity to have performed 13 in a proper local theatre.
“There was so much interest that we could have sold the tickets many times over and with a bigger stage with proper lighting and sound facilities with space for a band, Saffron Walden could give so much more to the community.”
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 6 District council urged to cancel investment
- 7 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 8 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 9 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
She added: “I am very lucky to have Sarah Lane on board who is exceptionally talented and can teach the students so much and together we intend to develop a larger theatre company for the numerous talented teenagers in the Saffron Walden area who not only progress from the Pure Rhythm School Performing Arts but from local schools.
“It is so important that they can express themselves as they gain so much from performing and it enriches their lives in a big way.”
For more information about Pure Rhythm visit purerhythm.co.uk or contact Sue Raven on 0795 299 3288.