Cambridge Race for Life
WOMEN are being urged help beat cancer by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Cambridge.
Organisers want women to recruit mums, sisters, daughters, aunties, friends and workmates now the event has opened for entries.
This year’s race takes place at Parkers Piece on Sunday July 3. Last year, nearly 8000 women took part and raised an incredible �460,000.
In 2011, organisers are encouraging 10,000 women to put their best feet forward and raise �672,300.
Race for Life is the UK’s largest women-only fundraising event series where all the money raised goes to fund Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work.
You may also want to watch:
Women of all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities join together to walk, jog or run 5k to raise money to help beat cancer.
Event organisers are holding a promotional day at the Grand Arcade and Lions Yard in Cambridge on Saturday February 26. Enter at raceforlife.org or by calling 0871 641 1111.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings