Cambridge Race for Life
WOMEN are being urged help beat cancer by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Cambridge.
Organisers want women to recruit mums, sisters, daughters, aunties, friends and workmates now the event has opened for entries.
This year’s race takes place at Parkers Piece on Sunday July 3. Last year, nearly 8000 women took part and raised an incredible �460,000.
In 2011, organisers are encouraging 10,000 women to put their best feet forward and raise �672,300.
Race for Life is the UK’s largest women-only fundraising event series where all the money raised goes to fund Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work.
You may also want to watch:
Women of all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities join together to walk, jog or run 5k to raise money to help beat cancer.
Event organisers are holding a promotional day at the Grand Arcade and Lions Yard in Cambridge on Saturday February 26. Enter at raceforlife.org or by calling 0871 641 1111.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending