Cambridge Race for Life
WOMEN are being urged help beat cancer by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Cambridge.
Organisers want women to recruit mums, sisters, daughters, aunties, friends and workmates now the event has opened for entries.
This year’s race takes place at Parkers Piece on Sunday July 3. Last year, nearly 8000 women took part and raised an incredible �460,000.
In 2011, organisers are encouraging 10,000 women to put their best feet forward and raise �672,300.
Race for Life is the UK’s largest women-only fundraising event series where all the money raised goes to fund Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work.
You may also want to watch:
Women of all ages, shapes, sizes and abilities join together to walk, jog or run 5k to raise money to help beat cancer.
Event organisers are holding a promotional day at the Grand Arcade and Lions Yard in Cambridge on Saturday February 26. Enter at raceforlife.org or by calling 0871 641 1111.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich