Cambridgeshire: Man charged in connection with armed robbery at petrol station
A MAN has been charged in connection with an armed robbery at a filling station in Babraham.
The robbery happened at Worsted station at about 1.20am on January 25 when two men got in through a sky-light and tried to take cash from the till.
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
Mark Donovan, 33, of North Lodge Drive, Papworth Everard, has been charged with aggravated burglary with intent and attempted robbery.
He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (March 14) where his case was adjourned until March 21 at Cambridge Crown Court.
A 32-year-old man from Great Shelford, who was also arrested, has been released without charge.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'