Cambridgeshire: Man charged in connection with armed robbery at petrol station
A MAN has been charged in connection with an armed robbery at a filling station in Babraham.
The robbery happened at Worsted station at about 1.20am on January 25 when two men got in through a sky-light and tried to take cash from the till.
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
Mark Donovan, 33, of North Lodge Drive, Papworth Everard, has been charged with aggravated burglary with intent and attempted robbery.
He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (March 14) where his case was adjourned until March 21 at Cambridge Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year-old man from Great Shelford, who was also arrested, has been released without charge.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September