Cambridgeshire: Man charged in connection with armed robbery at petrol station
A MAN has been charged in connection with an armed robbery at a filling station in Babraham.
The robbery happened at Worsted station at about 1.20am on January 25 when two men got in through a sky-light and tried to take cash from the till.
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
Mark Donovan, 33, of North Lodge Drive, Papworth Everard, has been charged with aggravated burglary with intent and attempted robbery.
He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (March 14) where his case was adjourned until March 21 at Cambridge Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year-old man from Great Shelford, who was also arrested, has been released without charge.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections