Cambridgeshire: Man charged in connection with armed robbery at petrol station
A MAN has been charged in connection with an armed robbery at a filling station in Babraham.
The robbery happened at Worsted station at about 1.20am on January 25 when two men got in through a sky-light and tried to take cash from the till.
The victim was treated in hospital but his injuries were not serious.
Mark Donovan, 33, of North Lodge Drive, Papworth Everard, has been charged with aggravated burglary with intent and attempted robbery.
He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (March 14) where his case was adjourned until March 21 at Cambridge Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
A 32-year-old man from Great Shelford, who was also arrested, has been released without charge.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country