Campaign group launches guide to report aircraft noise nuisance at Stansted
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE). The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE).
The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which will help lead to improvements to noise management and better track keeping in the future.
The Concerned About Aircraft Noise? leaflet was launched to coincide with national Noise Action Week (May 18-22) to advise people on a host of neighbourhood noise issues.
More than 20,000 copies of SSE's leaflet have already been pre-ordered by 14 parish magazines in Uttlesford and East Herts districts for distribution to households across the community in the coming weeks and months. Others are expected to follow suit.
Commenting on the new leaflet SSE's noise spokesman and technical adviser on noise to the Stansted Airport Consultative Committee, Martin Peachey, said: "SSE follows up every complaint made to BAA via the SSE website and in around a fifth of cases this yields something useful in terms of our work to press the airport to improve its system of noise and track keeping.
"We do, however, urge people to complain responsibly to avoid compromising the overall noise picture statistics."
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
Copies of the leaflet are available on request from SSE at 01279 870558 or can be viewed online at www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/noise_complaint_form.html