Campaign group launches guide to report aircraft noise nuisance at Stansted
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE). The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE).
The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which will help lead to improvements to noise management and better track keeping in the future.
The Concerned About Aircraft Noise? leaflet was launched to coincide with national Noise Action Week (May 18-22) to advise people on a host of neighbourhood noise issues.
More than 20,000 copies of SSE's leaflet have already been pre-ordered by 14 parish magazines in Uttlesford and East Herts districts for distribution to households across the community in the coming weeks and months. Others are expected to follow suit.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the new leaflet SSE's noise spokesman and technical adviser on noise to the Stansted Airport Consultative Committee, Martin Peachey, said: "SSE follows up every complaint made to BAA via the SSE website and in around a fifth of cases this yields something useful in terms of our work to press the airport to improve its system of noise and track keeping.
"We do, however, urge people to complain responsibly to avoid compromising the overall noise picture statistics."
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
Copies of the leaflet are available on request from SSE at 01279 870558 or can be viewed online at www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/noise_complaint_form.html