Campaign group launches guide to report aircraft noise nuisance at Stansted
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE). The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which
A NEW leaflet setting out details of how to complain about aircraft noise has been launched by Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE).
The guide is designed to help people affected by noise from planes using Stansted Airport to report their concerns in a way which will help lead to improvements to noise management and better track keeping in the future.
The Concerned About Aircraft Noise? leaflet was launched to coincide with national Noise Action Week (May 18-22) to advise people on a host of neighbourhood noise issues.
More than 20,000 copies of SSE's leaflet have already been pre-ordered by 14 parish magazines in Uttlesford and East Herts districts for distribution to households across the community in the coming weeks and months. Others are expected to follow suit.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the new leaflet SSE's noise spokesman and technical adviser on noise to the Stansted Airport Consultative Committee, Martin Peachey, said: "SSE follows up every complaint made to BAA via the SSE website and in around a fifth of cases this yields something useful in terms of our work to press the airport to improve its system of noise and track keeping.
"We do, however, urge people to complain responsibly to avoid compromising the overall noise picture statistics."
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
Copies of the leaflet are available on request from SSE at 01279 870558 or can be viewed online at www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/noise_complaint_form.html