Cancer-beating lad, 5, celebrates in style with dream holiday
- Credit: Archant
FIVE-YEAR-OLD Max Rowlandson celebrated beating cancer with a dream trip to Disneyland Paris earlier this month.
The youngster, of Little Walden Road, Saffron Walden, was treated to the fun-filled holiday after being nominated by the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research charity.
Max, who last month completed his three-year course of treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, went to the magic kingdom with mum Jodie, dad Daniel and two-year-old sister India.
“We just felt privileged to be there and had such a magical weekend with our special children,” said Jodie, who explained that Max had been unable to go swimming for the past three years because of his condition.
“To go swimming together as a family in the hotel pool was fantastic and the whole trip has been an amazing celebration for reaching the end of Max’s treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“We kept the holiday secret right up until the night before we left and told the kids instead of going to school tomorrow shall we go to Disneyland? There were two very excited children that night!”
Ikram Dahman, director of fundraising at Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, which organised the trip for a number of families as part of its annual awards, said: “It was a magical weekend.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
“While the awe and excitement was evident in all the children’s faces, there is no doubt that the parents made lifelong friendships and found real comfort in sharing their experiences with one another.
“It was a privilege to share such wonderful memories with so many inspirational children like Max.”
Max and his family have run a series of fundraising events for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research over the past three years.
Next up is Max’s Christmas Market on November 16. More information will follow but Jodie has asked anyone who wishes to donate raffle prizes or auction lots to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org