Car catches fire following four-vehicle accident on M11
FIREFIGHTERS were called to the scene of a four-vehicle accident on the M11 which caused one car to catch fire.
The accident happened on the southbound carriageway approaching Bishop’s Stortford and Stansted Airport, between junctions 9 and 8, at around 5.15pm.
No-one was trapped or injured.
Four Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews - two from Saffron Walden, one from Stansted and one from Thaxted - were sent to the scene.
Wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets, they had extinguished the fire by 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists were stuck for almost two hoursbfore the motorway was fully reopened by 6.45pm.
The northbound carriageway was shut for about 10 minutes while firefighters worked on the blazing car.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex