Car catches fire following four-vehicle accident on M11
FIREFIGHTERS were called to the scene of a four-vehicle accident on the M11 which caused one car to catch fire.
The accident happened on the southbound carriageway approaching Bishop’s Stortford and Stansted Airport, between junctions 9 and 8, at around 5.15pm.
No-one was trapped or injured.
Four Essex County Fire and Rescue Service crews - two from Saffron Walden, one from Stansted and one from Thaxted - were sent to the scene.
Wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets, they had extinguished the fire by 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists were stuck for almost two hoursbfore the motorway was fully reopened by 6.45pm.
The northbound carriageway was shut for about 10 minutes while firefighters worked on the blazing car.
- 1 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 7 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 8 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 9 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows