Car enthusiasts will return to yesteryear at Duxford Classic Car Show
DUXFORD S annual classic car show brings together a stunning range of cars from the halcyon days of motoring. Over 400 glorious pre-1970s motors will be in attendance, with marquees including Rover, Mustang, Riley, MG, Mini, Lotus, Corvette, Mercedes and
DUXFORD'S annual classic car show brings together a stunning range of cars from the halcyon days of motoring.
Over 400 glorious pre-1970s motors will be in attendance, with marquees including
Rover, Mustang, Riley, MG, Mini, Lotus, Corvette, Mercedes and Rolls Royce.
The Rover P5 Owners Club will be holding their national event at the Duxford Classic
Car Show, while car clubs will be travelling to Duxford from across the UK.
Motion Picture Motors will be showing a 1968 Ford Mustang identical to the one used in the classic Steve McQueen film Bullitt and a Ford Gran Torino Starsky and Hutch car.
- 1 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 5 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 6 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
Any number of superb classic cars may drive through Duxford's gates during the day and there are often many surprises in store for the automotive enthusiast.
Enjoy the immaculate style and glamour of these superb vintage vehicles, epitomising a sophisticated era that can never be replicated.
Set against the atmospheric backdrop of Duxford, a stroll amongst the automotive legends of yesteryear makes for a perfect summer Sunday.
Keep an eye on the sky, as you may well see some historic aircraft in flight during the day if the weather is fine.
Building on the success of last year's Duxford Classic Car Show, the 2009 show is even bigger and better. This is a great opportunity for all visitors to get up close to the automotive classics on display and to talk to car club members.
Car displays are subject to weather and serviceability.
Even better, there is no extra cost for this event which is being held on Sunday August 2. Standard admission to Imperial War
Museum Duxford applies. Children aged 15 or under go free when accompanied by an adult.
For ticket prices and full booking details go to www.iwm.org.uk/duxford or call 01223 835 000.