Caring Amy’s sale raises cash for animal charity
A PET-lover has been inspired to hold her own fundraising event for an animal charity.
Amy Hughes, 33, of Rickling Green, held the jumble sale in Quendon Village Hall earlier this month. It raised an impressive �1,165 for Canine Partners which trains dogs to assist people with a disability.
Mrs Hughes said: “About 12 years ago my uncle had a serious stroke and was left unable to walk or speak very well. Thanks to Canine Partners, he received the most amazing dog which has enabled him to get his independence back, start driving again and generally living life to the max. This has only been made possible by having his incredible dog.
“I was looking to raise �1,000 which would buy Canine Partners two puppies to train up so to get over that is fantastic.”
It is the third year Mrs Hughes has held the event – last year she raised �750 for the Animal Rescue Centre based in Bishop’s Stortford.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “People came from far and wide to either donate items or to find a bargain for themselves.
“I had amazing support from the local community and I’d just like to thank everyone who supported it. Friends and family helped sell the weird and wonderful and the money I’ve raised will buy two puppies for Canine Partners to train.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
• For more information about Canine Partners visit caninepartners.co.uk