Carver Barracks launch fundraising calendar after soldiers’ tour of Afghanistan
PHOTOGRAPHS taken by Carver Barracks soldiers while stationed in Afghanistan have been turned into a fundraising calendar.
21 Field Squadron, 101 Engineer Regiment (EOD), has recently returned from the Middle East country where they were part of Operation Herrick 12 and a key component of the Counter-IED Task Force.
Now, in collaboration with SSAFA Forces Help in Wimbish, they have put together a limited edition calendar for 2011 highlighting the work they undertake.
A spokesman for SSAFA Forces Help in Wimbish said: “Our aim is to provide a practical, low-key and confidential support and befriending service to support personnel and their families at Carver Barracks who might be experiencing a range of problems. This could include post-natal illness, bereavement, social isolation, or the illness of a child or family member.
“This service is provided by a network of community volunteers and supported by a volunteer committee.”
SSAFA Forces Help in Wimbish is active in fundraising and promoting the work of SSAFA both locally and more widely and has two main objectives: Sponsor the work of the community volunteers; and make grants to individuals, families and groups in need with the barrack’s community.
The limited edition calendars are being sold at �10 each. The calendars will be on sale from the Saffron Building Society until December 17.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
SSAFA Forces Help is the national charity committed to helping and supporting those who serve in the Armed Forces, those who used to serve and the families of both.
Each year the charity provides a reliable, caring and trusted range of social services to more than 50,000 people through a network of professionally trained staff and volunteers.