Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- Credit: Supplied
KIER and military personnel raised a flag at Carver Barracks to announce the arrival of the contractors appointed to deliver the much anticipated £1.25 million eight lane, floodlit sports facility.
The project has been financially supported by the Military Community Covenant, Uttlesford District Council, Royal Engineers Association, Army Welfare and income generation.
The step forward follows the rugby pitch being moved and ground clearance works started.
Lt Col Garcia MBE said: “This has been a much-awaited project and it is down to the hard work, continued commitment and perseverance of those involved that will see this much needed facility completed.”
Captain Tony Dale MBE said: “This facility will greatly enhance the opportunity for our soldiers, schools and local clubs to have access to a sports facility in a healthy, competitive environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the community have given their time and experience to support the project. The opening will take place later in the year.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site