Carver Barracks throws open its gates for charity fun day
A FAMILY fun day brimming with activity and military splendour is planned for visitors to the Carver Barracks Charity Fun Day on July 9.
33 Engineer Regiment (EOD) and 101 (City of London) Engineer Regiment (EOD) who are based at the Wimbish barracks are throwing open the gates to the local community and surrounding area for day.
The event will be a showcase of military skills and equipment. It will also incorporate a vehicle display and activity stands including bridge building and Army divers swimming in a tank.
The aim is to provide a fun family day out with plenty to see and do. A car boot sale will take place alongside the other attractions.
Gates open at 10am, entrance will be free on Carver Barracks Airfield. A programme will be on sale for �2 and all profits raised will be donated to the Injured Soldiers’ Fund, Help for Heroes and Regimental Good Causes.
You may also want to watch:
The day will be interspersed by music from local bands that will play a huge variety of modern music.
Duxford Imperial War Museum will have a range of tank and armoured personnel carriers on display.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
Entertainment for the children will include a Crazy Golf course, fair type attractions and a bouncy castle.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to speak with soldiers about life in the Army and the work that they have done in Afghanistan.
Major Ben Hawkins said: “I look forward to welcoming everyone to the charity fun day. I hope they will join us for what will be an enjoyable afternoon.
“It is an ideal opportunity for local people to get to know the British Army in their region.”