Cash awards for Uttlesford volunteers
VOLUNTEERS are being encouraged to nominate their organisations for The Essex Volunteer Centres Awards. The winning group will receive �1000 cash as part of a scheme that recognises the contribution volunteering makes to community life. Winning groups nee
VOLUNTEERS are being encouraged to nominate their organisations for The Essex Volunteer Centres Awards.
The winning group will receive �1000 cash as part of a scheme that recognises the contribution volunteering makes to community life.
Winning groups need to demonstrate that they use good practice in providing encouragement, support, training and supervision to volunteers.
Manager of Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Stephanie Adams, said: "Volunteers are a fundamental part of our community as many of our community services would not be delivered without them. This is a great opportunity for volunteers and community organisations to be formally recognised and rewarded for all their fabulous work."
You may also want to watch:
The grant scheme is part of the High Sheriffs' Award, which was established in 1993 to reward communities.
For further information and application forms please contact Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or visit www.volunteercentreuttlesford.org.uk
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
All applications must be received back by the December 1. A panel of judges will then assess the applications.
Volunteer Centre Uttlesford provides a free service in Uttlesford to help people wanting to find volunteering opportunities and voluntary organisations seeking volunteers.