Cash for female apprentices
DESPITE savage spending cuts countywide Essex County Council has announced an �8.5million boost for skills and innovation projects.
The cash has been secured via Government and European funding – the most recent being a �371,000 investment for extra apprenticeship places for female engineers.
ECC deputy leader Kevin Bentley has welcomed the news. “This is a wonderful example of how ECC is rising to the funding challenge by seeking new ways of working and offsetting the financial squeeze,” he said.
“A small team of people have secured a considerable amount of money which will be wisely invested for the benefit of Essex residents, businesses and young people.”
With the future prosperity of the county hinging on skill development and support for business innovation and entrepreneurialism, the council has said that it is keen to ensure that it secure a significant share of the multi-million pot of funding available.
You may also want to watch:
Previous successful applications have delivered funding for a new supply chain innovation programme and the impressive Engineering and Manufacturing in Essex Apprentice scheme which has seen 75 of the 106 apprentices secure full time employment – most progressing to level two and three apprenticeship qualifications, and another 21 opting for further education courses.
WHAT do you think? E-mail email@example.com
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 6 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 7 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 8 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash