Cash grants available to support Uttlesford community projects

Uttlesford District Council

Uttlesford District Council - Credit: Archant

VOLUNTARY organisations looking for cash to help finance a community project have been urged to apply for a council grant scheme.

Village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations and play and recreation clubs are just some of the bodies Uttlesford District Council has said could benefit from its Community Project Grant Scheme.

Application forms are now available and grants will be considered to help with the funding of:

• The development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements;

• new buildings or facilities that will be made available for community use, for example village halls, community centres and public conveniences;

• car parks and access roads to car parks which are directly associated with a community use building;

• children’s play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing;

Most Read

• improvements, refurbishments or extensions to any of the facilities outlined above;

• essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project;

• training or one-off staffing costs that contribute significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (not including wages and salaries).

Eligible projects must have been started after April 1 2013 and be completed before March 20 2014. The minimum grant available is £100 and the maximum is £3,500.

If the application is for more than £1,000, the amount raised by the applicant must represent at least 50 per cent of the total project cost.

In the case of an application for less than £1,000 the applicant must have raised 25 per cent of the funding.

For an application form or further information, contact the district council’s community development officer, Sue Hayden, on 01799 510563 or by e-mail at