Cat savaged and left dead on doorstep
- Credit: Archant
A CAT has died after being attacked by a dog on its own doorstep.
The incident occurred at 11am on Tuesday May 7 at an address in Connaught Road, Haverhill.
The cat had been sitting on the front doorstep of its owner’s house when they heard noises and barking outside the front of the house.
When they went to see what was happening, the cat was found dead on the doorstep and a man was seen running away with a dog, dropping its lead in the process.
Police would like to speak to the man about the attack. He was thought to be wearing a brown jacket and the dog is described as having grey and white spots.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact PC Laura Harris at Haverhill Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners