Celebrate a nostalgic 1940s Christmas at Imperial War Museum Duxford
CELEBRATE Christmas with a nostalgic twist at Imperial War Museum Duxford with Digby Trout Restaurants. If you haven t yet booked your Christmas celebration, travel back in time to the 1940s and make merry with a vintage-inspired seasonal treat. At the he
CELEBRATE Christmas with a nostalgic twist at Imperial War Museum Duxford with Digby Trout Restaurants.
If you haven't yet booked your Christmas celebration, travel back in time to the 1940s and make merry with a vintage-inspired seasonal treat.
At the heart of the historic airfield sits Wing Co Joe's, IWM Duxford's Grade II listed restaurant. Wing Co Joe's will be transformed into a fabulous '40s venue for Christmas, complete with Home Front decorations and wartime-inspired seasonal menu.
Digby Trout Restaurants evokes Christmas on the Home Front with comforting winter fare - Winter Vegetable Soup made with Dig for Victory home-grown vegetables; Traditional Turkey Dinner; 'Mock Turkey' Roast, with a food ration twist, and Wartime Christmas Pudding.
You may also want to watch:
Although the 1940s was dominated by the Second World War, it was an era of indomitable British character, with communities rallying round to 'Make Do and
Mend' and 'Keep Calm and Carry On'.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
The British spirit was cheered by the glamour of the silver screen, the joyous sound of the Big Bands and a Blitz spirit that ensured that any occasion was a fine excuse for dressing to the nines and enjoying a good old knees-up!
So, ladies, put on your best '40s tea dress, paint on those stocking seams, grab that RAF fly boy and enjoy a Christmas celebration with a difference.
For further information about Christmas on the Home Front at Imperial War Museum Duxford, call Digby Trout Restaurants on 01223 497 501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org