Celebrate a nostalgic 1940s Christmas at Imperial War Museum Duxford
CELEBRATE Christmas with a nostalgic twist at Imperial War Museum Duxford with Digby Trout Restaurants. If you haven t yet booked your Christmas celebration, travel back in time to the 1940s and make merry with a vintage-inspired seasonal treat. At the he
CELEBRATE Christmas with a nostalgic twist at Imperial War Museum Duxford with Digby Trout Restaurants.
If you haven't yet booked your Christmas celebration, travel back in time to the 1940s and make merry with a vintage-inspired seasonal treat.
At the heart of the historic airfield sits Wing Co Joe's, IWM Duxford's Grade II listed restaurant. Wing Co Joe's will be transformed into a fabulous '40s venue for Christmas, complete with Home Front decorations and wartime-inspired seasonal menu.
Digby Trout Restaurants evokes Christmas on the Home Front with comforting winter fare - Winter Vegetable Soup made with Dig for Victory home-grown vegetables; Traditional Turkey Dinner; 'Mock Turkey' Roast, with a food ration twist, and Wartime Christmas Pudding.
You may also want to watch:
Although the 1940s was dominated by the Second World War, it was an era of indomitable British character, with communities rallying round to 'Make Do and
Mend' and 'Keep Calm and Carry On'.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
The British spirit was cheered by the glamour of the silver screen, the joyous sound of the Big Bands and a Blitz spirit that ensured that any occasion was a fine excuse for dressing to the nines and enjoying a good old knees-up!
So, ladies, put on your best '40s tea dress, paint on those stocking seams, grab that RAF fly boy and enjoy a Christmas celebration with a difference.
For further information about Christmas on the Home Front at Imperial War Museum Duxford, call Digby Trout Restaurants on 01223 497 501 or email email@example.com