Celebrating a love of culture in 140 characters: Saffron Walden museum to embark on worldwide Twitter venture
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Museum will be going global next week when it takes part in an international social media initiative to spread the love of culture.
Returning for the second year, #MuseumWeek will launch on Twitter on Monday (March 23) and run for one week until March 29 with the aim of connecting followers to artwork, culture, history and science in short 140 character bursts.
Saffron Walden Museum will be tweeting alongside numerous other Essex museums, linking in to daily themes set by Museum Week organisers to encourage twitter users to interact and explore culture.
Tweets will be informative, educational and fun.
The hashtag themes for each day will vary and will encourage museums to interact by following topics that delve behind the scenes into a bank of little known secrets.
You may also want to watch:
It will also explore the history of their building’s architecture and gardens, and invite top tips for a day out to the museum.
Follow Saffron Walden Museum on Twitter @SW_Museum or to find out more about the initiative, visit http://museumweek2015.org/en/
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 5 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party