Celebrating a love of culture in 140 characters: Saffron Walden museum to embark on worldwide Twitter venture
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Museum will be going global next week when it takes part in an international social media initiative to spread the love of culture.
Returning for the second year, #MuseumWeek will launch on Twitter on Monday (March 23) and run for one week until March 29 with the aim of connecting followers to artwork, culture, history and science in short 140 character bursts.
Saffron Walden Museum will be tweeting alongside numerous other Essex museums, linking in to daily themes set by Museum Week organisers to encourage twitter users to interact and explore culture.
Tweets will be informative, educational and fun.
The hashtag themes for each day will vary and will encourage museums to interact by following topics that delve behind the scenes into a bank of little known secrets.
You may also want to watch:
It will also explore the history of their building’s architecture and gardens, and invite top tips for a day out to the museum.
Follow Saffron Walden Museum on Twitter @SW_Museum or to find out more about the initiative, visit http://museumweek2015.org/en/
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season