‘Challenge and Opportunity’ for the Saffron Walden Carnival 2014
- Credit: Archant
Sometime, somewhere, you will have the chance to win a free ticket to a night of entertainment at the Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival 2014.
The challenge: Be in the right place at the right time. Carnival 2014 wristbands will be on sale from designated places sometime, somewhere in Saffron Walden, from next week. They won’t be too hard to find. Locate one, and you will soon be sporting a stylish Carnival wristband for the sum of just £2 with, of course, all proceeds going back into the events and community.
The opportunity: Sometime, somewhere between now and the opening of Saffron Walden’s famous Eight Day Weekend, on July 4, volunteers will set out into the town to find people wearing their Carnival 2014 wristbands. If you are one of the lucky supporters spotted, then you will be among the winners of a free single ticket to the carnival event being given away at that time.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “This is a bit of fun but it is also very important in two ways. Challenge and Opportunity is the first fundraising from the public that we are doing for carnival 2014.
“Over the past decade we have put more than £150,000 into local charities and worthy causes, all the money the carnival has raised. We can do that only with the continued generous support of everyone in the community.
You may also want to watch:
“This will get us off to a good start, I hope.
“Second, it is a great way to show everyone that carnival is coming, and that they are getting into the spirit!”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Follow 8dayweekend.co.uk to find out more updates about the event. The Eight Day Weekend runs July 4 to 12 on the Common and throughout the town.