‘Challenge and Opportunity’ for the Saffron Walden Carnival 2014
- Credit: Archant
Sometime, somewhere, you will have the chance to win a free ticket to a night of entertainment at the Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival 2014.
The challenge: Be in the right place at the right time. Carnival 2014 wristbands will be on sale from designated places sometime, somewhere in Saffron Walden, from next week. They won’t be too hard to find. Locate one, and you will soon be sporting a stylish Carnival wristband for the sum of just £2 with, of course, all proceeds going back into the events and community.
The opportunity: Sometime, somewhere between now and the opening of Saffron Walden’s famous Eight Day Weekend, on July 4, volunteers will set out into the town to find people wearing their Carnival 2014 wristbands. If you are one of the lucky supporters spotted, then you will be among the winners of a free single ticket to the carnival event being given away at that time.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “This is a bit of fun but it is also very important in two ways. Challenge and Opportunity is the first fundraising from the public that we are doing for carnival 2014.
“Over the past decade we have put more than £150,000 into local charities and worthy causes, all the money the carnival has raised. We can do that only with the continued generous support of everyone in the community.
You may also want to watch:
“This will get us off to a good start, I hope.
“Second, it is a great way to show everyone that carnival is coming, and that they are getting into the spirit!”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Follow 8dayweekend.co.uk to find out more updates about the event. The Eight Day Weekend runs July 4 to 12 on the Common and throughout the town.