Chance for Essex volunteer organisations to grab a grand
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce. The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life. Manager of Volunte
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce.
The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life.
Manager of Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Stephanie Adams, said: "Volunteers are a fundamental part of our community as many of our community services would not be delivered without them.
"This is a great opportunity for volunteers and community organisations to be formally recognised and rewarded for all their fabulous work."
You may also want to watch:
Winning groups need to demonstrate that they use good practice in providing encouragement, support, training and supervision to volunteers.
The grant scheme is part of the High Sheriffs' Award, which was established in 1993 to reward communities.
- 1 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
All applications must be received by the December 1 when a panel of judges will assess the applications.
For further information and application forms please contact Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or visit www.volunteercentreuttlesford.org.uk.