Chance for Essex volunteer organisations to grab a grand
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce. The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life. Manager of Volunte
A THOUSAND pounds is up for grabs to an organisation that makes the best use of its volunteer workforce.
The Essex Volunteer Centres Award Scheme has been launched to recognise the contribution that volunteering makes in community life.
Manager of Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, Stephanie Adams, said: "Volunteers are a fundamental part of our community as many of our community services would not be delivered without them.
"This is a great opportunity for volunteers and community organisations to be formally recognised and rewarded for all their fabulous work."
You may also want to watch:
Winning groups need to demonstrate that they use good practice in providing encouragement, support, training and supervision to volunteers.
The grant scheme is part of the High Sheriffs' Award, which was established in 1993 to reward communities.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
All applications must be received by the December 1 when a panel of judges will assess the applications.
For further information and application forms please contact Volunteer Centre Uttlesford on 01799 513626 or visit www.volunteercentreuttlesford.org.uk.