Chance to swap your frocks
SHOPAHOLICS who have been forced to reign in their spending will be delighted with a new credit crunch-busting idea for guilt-free shopping. Elsenham Memorial Hall is soon to host a charity frock swap which organisers say will have the thrill of shopping
SHOPAHOLICS who have been forced to reign in their spending will be delighted with a new credit crunch-busting idea for guilt-free shopping.
Elsenham Memorial Hall is soon to host a charity frock swap which organisers say will have the thrill of shopping without the hefty price tag.
"This is a great way of updating your wardrobe without breaking the bank," said organiser Alexandra Coley. "Also you will be helping to raise money for charity Together in West Essex."
The charity frock swap shop will be taking place between 6pm and 9pm on Saturday April 18 and Mrs Coley is urging as many women as possible to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
"The idea is to bring along any clothing, shoes or accessories that you no longer want and swap them for the same amount of items over a glass of wine and some nibbles," she said.
Entry costs �5 and you can bring as many items as you want to swap as long as they are good quality. There will be a bar with the first glass of wine free and a raffle with prizes including �50 worth of jewellery and a Prada bag.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 8 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero
As well as an opportunity for women to indulge in a spot of shopping and socialising, the aim of the evening is to raise money for breast cancer charity Together in West Essex.
The charity helps to provide relief to breast cancer sufferers in the region by contributing towards the provision of equipment at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow and towards research at St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
Anyone who would like more information about the event can contact Mrs Coley on 07702 731547 or 01279 815768.