Changes to referral route for children with disabilities in Essex
ESSEX County Council is changing the way it manages referrals made for children with a disability.
The move comes into affect on February 1. Any new referral will be made through Contact Essex on 08547 430 430 and handled by the initial response team.
The council said that the aim of the change is to ‘ensure that threshold decision making is consistent for all families in Essex and give social workers more time to spend working with children and their families’.
The county council’s cabinet member for children’s services Sarah Candy said: “This small but subtle change will deliver an improved service for families across Essex. Social workers will have more time to focus on completing assessments, ensuring the provision of a timely and responsive service.”
Referrals can be made by professionals, carers, parents or young people themselves and all will be directed to the Contact Essex phone number.
You may also want to watch:
WILL you be affected by the change? Get in touch with us. Call 01799 512882 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase