Changes to referral route for children with disabilities in Essex
ESSEX County Council is changing the way it manages referrals made for children with a disability.
The move comes into affect on February 1. Any new referral will be made through Contact Essex on 08547 430 430 and handled by the initial response team.
The council said that the aim of the change is to ‘ensure that threshold decision making is consistent for all families in Essex and give social workers more time to spend working with children and their families’.
The county council’s cabinet member for children’s services Sarah Candy said: “This small but subtle change will deliver an improved service for families across Essex. Social workers will have more time to focus on completing assessments, ensuring the provision of a timely and responsive service.”
Referrals can be made by professionals, carers, parents or young people themselves and all will be directed to the Contact Essex phone number.
You may also want to watch:
WILL you be affected by the change? Get in touch with us. Call 01799 512882 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash