Changes to referral route for children with disabilities in Essex
ESSEX County Council is changing the way it manages referrals made for children with a disability.
The move comes into affect on February 1. Any new referral will be made through Contact Essex on 08547 430 430 and handled by the initial response team.
The council said that the aim of the change is to ‘ensure that threshold decision making is consistent for all families in Essex and give social workers more time to spend working with children and their families’.
The county council’s cabinet member for children’s services Sarah Candy said: “This small but subtle change will deliver an improved service for families across Essex. Social workers will have more time to focus on completing assessments, ensuring the provision of a timely and responsive service.”
Referrals can be made by professionals, carers, parents or young people themselves and all will be directed to the Contact Essex phone number.
WILL you be affected by the change? Get in touch with us. Call 01799 512882 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Walden has late night shopping and musicians