Changes to referral route for children with disabilities in Essex
ESSEX County Council is changing the way it manages referrals made for children with a disability.
The move comes into affect on February 1. Any new referral will be made through Contact Essex on 08547 430 430 and handled by the initial response team.
The council said that the aim of the change is to ‘ensure that threshold decision making is consistent for all families in Essex and give social workers more time to spend working with children and their families’.
The county council’s cabinet member for children’s services Sarah Candy said: “This small but subtle change will deliver an improved service for families across Essex. Social workers will have more time to focus on completing assessments, ensuring the provision of a timely and responsive service.”
Referrals can be made by professionals, carers, parents or young people themselves and all will be directed to the Contact Essex phone number.
You may also want to watch:
WILL you be affected by the change? Get in touch with us. Call 01799 512882 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending