Chaps joined by their ‘Mo Sistas’ for Movember charity funraiser
SIX chaps have joined together to take part in the annual Movember charity fundraiser.
The team - called ‘Walden Taches’ - comprises Andrew Frostick, Simon Lloyd, Sean O’Sullivan, Peter Riding, Mark Starte and Malcolm White. They are supported by a team of Mo Sistas, who will encourage the Mo Bros, and monitor progress along the way.
The team is committed to growing moustaches for the month of November and in doing so, raise vital awareness and funds for mens health, including prostate and testicular cancer. The facts are that one in nine men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, and this year 40,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed in the UK. Furthermore, 47 per cent of testicular cancer cases occur in men under 35 years and over 90pc occur in men under 55 years.
Mark Starte said: “The team is very pleased to support this important charity and to help raise awareness of mens health. All donations will be gratefully received and our progress (or lack of it) will be documented on our Movember web page.
“We are also very grateful to our Mo Sistas for their support and willingness to don a tache for our publicity photo - I think they look pretty amazing!”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like to support the team, log ontomovember.com/team/423089 to donate. Alternatively, cash donations can be left with Mr Starte at the Tourist Information Centre.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime