Charity aims to hit right note at Audley End Picnic Concerts
- Credit: Archant
A CHILDREN’S disability charity will be aiding moblity impaired guests at the popular Audley End picnic concerts this month.
Fledglings staff and volunteers will be running Showmobility, a golf buggy shuttle service for people who find it difficult to walk from the car park to the stately home’s arena and back.
Fledgling’s trustee, John Statham, said: “We’re thrilled to be involved with these high-profile events. It gives us the chance to meet more people, and to provide a very worthwhile service.
“There’s no charge for the service, but any tips if people like the buggy ride will be more than welcome.”
The concert organisers, Portal Events, and director Chris Hurdle said: “The Audley End concerts are an important event in the local calendar. We get great support from Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages, and in return we are keen to work with a local charity.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s hard to get more local than Fledglings, they must be the only charity based within earshot of Audley End!”
Fledgling’s founder, Ruth Lingard, explained the importance of the charity’s work: “Fledglings helps thousands of children with disabilities to do the same things their friends do.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
“By giving expert advice and supplying products to solve children’s problems, we help them with eating, drinking, swimming, learning and many other activities – including going to concerts! We’re really grateful to Chris and Portal events for this opportunity.”
Not booked your Audley End concert tickets yet? Here’s a chance to win a fantastic Paintball experience for a group of 10 people!
Book your concert tickets through Fledglings and paintball company Delta Force will give a group entry ticket for 10 people to a lucky winner. Go to audleyendconcerts.com/tickets and select Fledglings from the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ drop box.