Charity aims to hit right note at Audley End Picnic Concerts
- Credit: Archant
A CHILDREN’S disability charity will be aiding moblity impaired guests at the popular Audley End picnic concerts this month.
Fledglings staff and volunteers will be running Showmobility, a golf buggy shuttle service for people who find it difficult to walk from the car park to the stately home’s arena and back.
Fledgling’s trustee, John Statham, said: “We’re thrilled to be involved with these high-profile events. It gives us the chance to meet more people, and to provide a very worthwhile service.
“There’s no charge for the service, but any tips if people like the buggy ride will be more than welcome.”
The concert organisers, Portal Events, and director Chris Hurdle said: “The Audley End concerts are an important event in the local calendar. We get great support from Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages, and in return we are keen to work with a local charity.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s hard to get more local than Fledglings, they must be the only charity based within earshot of Audley End!”
Fledgling’s founder, Ruth Lingard, explained the importance of the charity’s work: “Fledglings helps thousands of children with disabilities to do the same things their friends do.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
“By giving expert advice and supplying products to solve children’s problems, we help them with eating, drinking, swimming, learning and many other activities – including going to concerts! We’re really grateful to Chris and Portal events for this opportunity.”
Not booked your Audley End concert tickets yet? Here’s a chance to win a fantastic Paintball experience for a group of 10 people!
Book your concert tickets through Fledglings and paintball company Delta Force will give a group entry ticket for 10 people to a lucky winner. Go to audleyendconcerts.com/tickets and select Fledglings from the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ drop box.