Charity ball hosted by Mullucks Wells boosts fundraising
A SAFFRON Walden estate agent has raised almost �20,000 in the first three months of its fundraising campaign to support three charities during its 21st anniversary year.
More than 250 guests attended a charity ball held by Mullucks Wells as part of its birthday celebrations on Saturday July 2. The event was held at Parklands in Quendon.
An auction held during the evening raised a further �4,250 towards the three month total of �18,360.
Representatives from the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity, West Essex Mind based in Great Dunmow, and ResCU in Thaxted were all present on the evening.
The three local charities which will benefit from the money raised during the year were chosen by staff at Mullucks Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Among auction lots were tickets to a concert by ‘Take That’ in Amsterdam, a visit to the House of Lords with lunch included, and a private charter flight to Le Touquet.
Director of Mullucks Wells Tim Trembath, who led the auction, said: “The evening was hugely successful, marking a great start to a year of fundraising for these three charities which carry out such important work locally.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
“The night of the Ball also raised our clients’ awareness further of the charities we are supporting. One person immediately donated one month’s rental from his holiday cottage to the causes.”
During Mullucks Wells’ 21st Birthday year, �100 for every property sold is being donated to the charities until April 2012.