Charity run to honour memory of Saffron Walden teacher
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden school will be honouring one of its former teachers by hosting another 5K charity run.
Following the success of The Great Westgarth Run, in March 2010, Friends’ School will be holding the race again to raise funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA).
The race, named after Sue Westgarth, a teacher who inspired many young runners, will be taking place on Sunday, June 8, at 10.30am. Sue died of Motor Neurone Disease in November 2010, aged 51.
Stefanie Godfrey, one of the event organisers, said: “Sue loved running and encouraged many of Saffron Walden’s young people to run, including Hannah Irwin, who recently represented Essex in the National School Cross-Country Championships, in Nottingham.
“Sue was supported in her battle against MND by the Cambridgeshire branch of MNDA and all profits raised from this run will be given to the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Registration is from 9-10am (runners who have pre-registered will also be able to collect their race number then) and the 5K race will start at 10.30am. There is a 1K fun run with optional fancy dress at 11am.
Every runner will receive a goody bag and there is a medal for all finishers. There are various prizes, including one for the best fancy dress costume.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
Entry is £10 for adults in advance (£12 on the day) and £3 for children under 16.
Further details and entry forms are available from Friends‘ School, Saffron Sports, Wilburs Gym and Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.