Charity to benefit from Stansted auction
- Credit: Archant
A charity helping bereaved children is to benefit from an inaugural accessories auction launching next week.
A limited edition Ralph Lauren bag originally valued at $20,000 along with jewellery, watches, handbags, clothing, hats, shoes, sunglasses, luxury luggage and retro costume designs will all form part of the Sworders of Stansted Mountfitchet auction launching on Thursday, June 4.
All buyers will be helping a good cause with proceeds going to bereavement charity Grief Encounters, which supported its patron Kevin Wells’ son Oliver after his sister Holly Wells was murdered in Soham in 2002.
Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hermès, Dunhill, Cartier and Chanel are all names that will feature in the 240-plus lot sale at the Cambridge Road auction house.
Price estimates for those keen to buy range from the low hundreds up to £6,000 for the Ralph Lauren bag.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the accessories catalogue online at www.sworder.co.uk.
Lots can also be viewed prior to the sale at the Stansted Mountfichet auction house from 9am to 5pm tomorrow, Friday, May 29; from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, May 31; and from 9am to 5pm on Monday and Tuesday, June 1 and 2.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers