Charity to benefit from Stansted auction
- Credit: Archant
A charity helping bereaved children is to benefit from an inaugural accessories auction launching next week.
A limited edition Ralph Lauren bag originally valued at $20,000 along with jewellery, watches, handbags, clothing, hats, shoes, sunglasses, luxury luggage and retro costume designs will all form part of the Sworders of Stansted Mountfitchet auction launching on Thursday, June 4.
All buyers will be helping a good cause with proceeds going to bereavement charity Grief Encounters, which supported its patron Kevin Wells’ son Oliver after his sister Holly Wells was murdered in Soham in 2002.
Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hermès, Dunhill, Cartier and Chanel are all names that will feature in the 240-plus lot sale at the Cambridge Road auction house.
Price estimates for those keen to buy range from the low hundreds up to £6,000 for the Ralph Lauren bag.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the accessories catalogue online at www.sworder.co.uk.
Lots can also be viewed prior to the sale at the Stansted Mountfichet auction house from 9am to 5pm tomorrow, Friday, May 29; from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, May 31; and from 9am to 5pm on Monday and Tuesday, June 1 and 2.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 5 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 6 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 10 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment