Charity to benefit from Stansted auction
- Credit: Archant
A charity helping bereaved children is to benefit from an inaugural accessories auction launching next week.
A limited edition Ralph Lauren bag originally valued at $20,000 along with jewellery, watches, handbags, clothing, hats, shoes, sunglasses, luxury luggage and retro costume designs will all form part of the Sworders of Stansted Mountfitchet auction launching on Thursday, June 4.
All buyers will be helping a good cause with proceeds going to bereavement charity Grief Encounters, which supported its patron Kevin Wells’ son Oliver after his sister Holly Wells was murdered in Soham in 2002.
Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hermès, Dunhill, Cartier and Chanel are all names that will feature in the 240-plus lot sale at the Cambridge Road auction house.
Price estimates for those keen to buy range from the low hundreds up to £6,000 for the Ralph Lauren bag.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the accessories catalogue online at www.sworder.co.uk.
Lots can also be viewed prior to the sale at the Stansted Mountfichet auction house from 9am to 5pm tomorrow, Friday, May 29; from 10am to 1pm on Sunday, May 31; and from 9am to 5pm on Monday and Tuesday, June 1 and 2.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir