Charity to hold fundraising bike ride in Essex village
AN UGLEY bike ride has been organised to help raise money for people with learning difficulties. Charity Hft is now calling all cyclists to get on their bikes and take part in its 18th annual charity bike ride on Sunday September 6. All the money raised f
AN UGLEY bike ride has been organised to help raise money for people with learning difficulties.
Charity Hft is now calling all cyclists to get on their bikes and take part in its 18th annual charity bike ride on Sunday September 6.
All the money raised from sponsorship will go towards Hft's Plant Centre in Ugley which provides horticultural training for people with learning disabilities.
"Our bike ride is the perfect family day out as it is non-competitive and relaxed," said Hft's Hilary Colbert.
You may also want to watch:
"We need your sponsorship as much as your pedalling power to make this event a massive fundraising success. A prize of �100 voucher for Ben Hayward Cycles is up for grabs for the person who raises the most sponsorship."
All cyclists will set off between 9.30am and 10.30am from Hft's Herts and Essex Service at the Bradbury Resource Centre, Pound Lane in Ugley.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
There is a choice of cycling between 10 and 60 miles on two circular routes which take cyclists through some of Essex's most beautiful country lanes.
This year there is a 10-mile route, a pleasant ride for the family, and a 20-mile route for more experienced cyclists to complete up to three laps.
The entry fee is �10 if you pre-book or �20 if you come along on the day. Children under 16 are free but must be accompanied by an adult.
Anyone interested in taking part should contact Kath Austin on 01223 415 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack and entry details.