Chateau Musar at The Red Lion Inn Hinxton Ralph Hochar hosts exclusive wine tasting dinner at The R
IF you have not come across Chateau Musar wines from the much-lauded Lebanese wine producing Hochar dynasty, then you are in for a treat. On Saturday November 21, The Red Lion Inn Hinxton is hosting a Chateau Musar wine tasting dinner with Ralph Hochar,
IF you have not come across Chateau Musar wines from the much-lauded Lebanese wine producing Hochar dynasty, then you are in for a treat.
On Saturday November 21, The Red Lion Inn Hinxton is hosting a Chateau Musar wine tasting dinner with Ralph Hochar, grandson of founder, Gaston Hochar, talking through some of his extraordinary wines and the unique Musar wine production philosophy.
The evening will involve five wines of vintages ranging from 1997 to 2006. Head chef, Peter Friskey, in conjunction with Ralph, has matched these wines with a special menu. This is spread over an informal reception of canap�s with the aperitif and then a sit down dinner of three courses with the remaining four wines,
Landlord Alex Clarke said: "It is a privilege to have such a well-known and exciting wine producer join us and bring his wines alive for us.
"No two Chateau Musar vintages are the same due to the unusual Hochar wine making style and so they always make for an intriguing tasting.
"Anyone who enjoys big and unusual red and white wines will find this a memorable evening."
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 10 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
There are only 50 places available for the evening, which costs �50.
Wines tasted will also be available for sale on the night at a discounted price. Matthew Clark has sole on-trade distribution rights and do not sell direct to the public, so this is also a rare opportunity to get hold of some Chateau Musar vintages that are not otherwise readily available.
To book, call the restaurant on 01799 530601 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday November 10.
For further information regarding The Red Lion contact Alex Clarke on 07730 733 783, email@example.com or by visiting www.redlionhinxton.co.uk