Chateau Musar at The Red Lion Inn Hinxton Ralph Hochar hosts exclusive wine tasting dinner at The R
IF you have not come across Chateau Musar wines from the much-lauded Lebanese wine producing Hochar dynasty, then you are in for a treat. On Saturday November 21, The Red Lion Inn Hinxton is hosting a Chateau Musar wine tasting dinner with Ralph Hochar,
IF you have not come across Chateau Musar wines from the much-lauded Lebanese wine producing Hochar dynasty, then you are in for a treat.
On Saturday November 21, The Red Lion Inn Hinxton is hosting a Chateau Musar wine tasting dinner with Ralph Hochar, grandson of founder, Gaston Hochar, talking through some of his extraordinary wines and the unique Musar wine production philosophy.
The evening will involve five wines of vintages ranging from 1997 to 2006. Head chef, Peter Friskey, in conjunction with Ralph, has matched these wines with a special menu. This is spread over an informal reception of canap�s with the aperitif and then a sit down dinner of three courses with the remaining four wines,
Landlord Alex Clarke said: "It is a privilege to have such a well-known and exciting wine producer join us and bring his wines alive for us.
You may also want to watch:
"No two Chateau Musar vintages are the same due to the unusual Hochar wine making style and so they always make for an intriguing tasting.
"Anyone who enjoys big and unusual red and white wines will find this a memorable evening."
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
There are only 50 places available for the evening, which costs �50.
Wines tasted will also be available for sale on the night at a discounted price. Matthew Clark has sole on-trade distribution rights and do not sell direct to the public, so this is also a rare opportunity to get hold of some Chateau Musar vintages that are not otherwise readily available.
To book, call the restaurant on 01799 530601 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday November 10.
For further information regarding The Red Lion contact Alex Clarke on 07730 733 783, email@example.com or by visiting www.redlionhinxton.co.uk