Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe of the week
Alex Webb, Also known as Chef Webb, MasterChef winner
- Credit: Neil Spence Photography
It was Australian Day on Tuesday (Jan 26), so this week's recipe is around that as I am half Australian!
If you make the recipe, remember to share your thoughts and pictures on social media with @chefwebb1
Australian Day Pavlova with strawberry compote
4 egg whites
250g caster sugar
1tsp white wine vinegar
1tsp vanilla paste/pod
Mixed frozen berries 250g
Vanilla paste 1tsp vanilla paste
You may also want to watch:
Double cream 250ml
Mint to garnish
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
First heat your oven to 150c, take some baking paper and draw a circle or use a plate to help. And cut it out and place on your baking tray.
Whisk the egg whites until they go light and fluffy which will form stiff peaks. Add the white wine vinegar at the start.
Then slowly add the sugar a spoon at a time until it goes shiny!
Add the vanilla and cornflower and mix well.
Place it all over the circle and make a well in the middle. Bake for around one hour. Keep checking on it and once done turn off the oven and leave to cool down.
For the compote.
Put the frozen berries into a pan and heat up, add some sugar, vanilla. Cut some strawberries into slices and leave to one side.
Once the compote is cooled add your fresh strawberries and cut up some fresh mint and add to it.
Whip some cream if you like, add sugar and vanilla paste.
Take your pavlova out and put the cream in the middle then your compote on top. Add some fresh mint tips.
Enjoy! It's a great way to spend your weekend!