Children in Need 2016: The One Show’s Rickshaw Challenge passes near Chrishall and Elmdon
- Credit: Celia Bartlett
BBC presenter Matt Baker cycled through Essex this morning (Friday, November 18) as part of the One Show’s Rickshaw Challenge, which arrives in London tonight, raising money for Children in Need.
The challenge began in the Scottish market town of Jedburgh last Friday (November 11) and six young riders, who have all been supported by BBC Children in Need projects, are hoping to achieve the 470-mile journey by this evening.
Day seven of the journey began today in Duxford and travelled near Chrishall and Elmdon en route to the BBC Television Studios in central London.
The team has so far raised nearly £1.5million for Children in Need and, as well as the money, the riders hope to raise awareness of how donations can make a difference to young people’s lives.
To support the challenge, you can donate either £5 or £10 by text. To donate £5 text TEAM to 70405 or to donate £10 text TEAM to 70410.
You may also want to watch:
Texts will cost your donation plus your standard network message charge, and all of your donation will go to BBC Children in Need.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 5 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road