Children’s cancer charity chosen by Stansted Airport employees
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Stansted Airport are hoping to raise £1million for the children’s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent.
The airport’s owners, Manchester Airports Group, asked employees which charity they wanted to back.
The group also includes airports in Manchester, East Midlands and Bournemouth.
CLIC Sargent helps families after a child or young person has been diagnosed with cancer, from diagnosis onwards. In the past year, the charity has supported 6,800 people.
Rachel Kirby-Rider, director of fundraising at CLIC Sargent, said: “We are absolutely delighted to be the new charity partner of MAG and Stansted Airport.
“Stansted Airport has thousands of employees and millions of passengers, many of whom can relate to our cause as every day 10 children and young people in the UK are told that they have cancer.
“When a child, or young person is diagnosed, normal life stops. Treatment is often gruelling and can be given a long way from home. The stress of dealing with the emotional strain, along with practical and financial concerns, can be overwhelming. Each family’s experience of cancer is different.
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
“The generosity of Stansted Airport, through its employees and passengers, will help us to continue to support children and young people with cancer, and their families.”
Andrew Harrison, managing director of Stansted Airport, said: “We’re very much part of the local communities around the airport and we are committed to giving something back. We asked our employees who they wanted to support and we look forward to supporting and fundraising in aid of this fantastic charity.”