Children's disability charity calls on Saffron Walden voters to help win top spot in the National Lo
A SAFFRON Walden-based children s disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win. Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards Best Voluntary/
A SAFFRON Walden-based children's disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards - and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards' Best Voluntary/Charity project and will be on a special BBC television show next month.
Delighted Fledglings founder Ruth Lingard said: "This will really raise awareness of Fledglings and how we help children with disabilities and their families.
"We have recently registered our 10,000th customer but so many families coming to us for the first time say they wish they had heard of us years ago. Winning this competition will help us to reach so many more families."
You may also want to watch:
The finals of the competition will again be decided by public vote and the winners announced on the BBC show on Saturday September 5.
Fledglings is now banking on the votes of Saffron Walden residents to help them win - with just seven days left of voting.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"Thank you so much to all who supported us in the first round," said Ms Lingard
"We really do appreciate the support of the local community, but if we are to win we need your help again. Please do vote for us again in the finals!"
Your vote could help the organisation win the prestigious national award. Visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards, click on the best voluntary/charity project category and cast your vote for Fledglings. Alternatively you can call 0844 686 6754 to register your phone vote. Voting runs until Friday August 14.
For more information on Fledglings go to www.fledglings.org.uk or call 0845 458 1124.