Children's disability charity calls on Saffron Walden voters to help win top spot in the National Lo
A SAFFRON Walden-based children s disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win. Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards Best Voluntary/
A SAFFRON Walden-based children's disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards - and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards' Best Voluntary/Charity project and will be on a special BBC television show next month.
Delighted Fledglings founder Ruth Lingard said: "This will really raise awareness of Fledglings and how we help children with disabilities and their families.
"We have recently registered our 10,000th customer but so many families coming to us for the first time say they wish they had heard of us years ago. Winning this competition will help us to reach so many more families."
You may also want to watch:
The finals of the competition will again be decided by public vote and the winners announced on the BBC show on Saturday September 5.
Fledglings is now banking on the votes of Saffron Walden residents to help them win - with just seven days left of voting.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 4 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 5 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 8 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 9 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
"Thank you so much to all who supported us in the first round," said Ms Lingard
"We really do appreciate the support of the local community, but if we are to win we need your help again. Please do vote for us again in the finals!"
Your vote could help the organisation win the prestigious national award. Visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards, click on the best voluntary/charity project category and cast your vote for Fledglings. Alternatively you can call 0844 686 6754 to register your phone vote. Voting runs until Friday August 14.
For more information on Fledglings go to www.fledglings.org.uk or call 0845 458 1124.